.NET Programmer Thoughts

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

THE Job Interview

I really should kick myself for being such an honest person! I just couldn't stand it anymore. I finally said, "It really looks like you want someone with more experience. I only have three months of C#". I probably could have kept my mouth shut and just let them hire me. They kept talking about escalating issues to me. Jeez, I'm barely getting by on the basics!

I guess I've been burned by hiring someone who "talked" good but when they started to work they didn't know what they were doing. I just couldn't do it!!!!

They did say that there would be another position in a couple of months that won't need to have as much experience. That could have been a line but at least I feel like I did the right thing.

I was just reading an artile by Eric Sink on the Hazards Of Hiring. One thing he talks about is "Look for Self-Awareness". Is this person capable of learning? Is this person moving forward? I feel that while I was at Traver/ADP, I had definitely stagnated. But I'm on the band-wagon now! I can't seem to get enough information now! I love c# too!

I really hope I can get a job with a company that promotes learning.