.NET Programmer Thoughts

Friday, July 23, 2004

Lots of stuff...

Whooo hoooo! I've started the design on Invoice It!. Invoice It! is software that I wrote in FoxPro to run my brother's air conditioning business (Middleton Air Conditioning).

I've done the problem statement and the use case diagram. I'm using Visio Architect to do the diagrams. I'm finding it very confusing. I'm seeing a UML book in my future.

Speaking of books, I received a newsletter from APRESS that said if a person reviews a book for them then that person will receive three books of their choice (Apress books) for free. Since I had finished Beginning C# Objects, I sent them the review. With in minutes I received an email recommending books and to let them know which three books I wanted! VERY COOL.

Here are the books I picked out:

Beginning ASP.NET 1.1 E-Commerce, by Cristian Darie and Karli Watson

Expert C# Business Objects, by Rockford Lhotka

Expert Service-Oriented Architecture In C#: Using the Web Services Enhancements 2.0, by Jeffery Hasan

Lastly, my computer has been completely reinstalled. I set lots of restore points! I also installed Virtual PC 2004. I've loaded up an XP environment and have loaded Whidbey onto it. It seems to be running! I definitely need to get more memory if I'm going to be running Virtual PC!