.NET Programmer Thoughts

Thursday, July 08, 2004

MCSD thoughts

Well, I passed! So now I'm officially an MCSD.

So what does this certification give me? Probably not much. It hasn't helped so far in getting a job. I have access to some sites on MSDN that non-certified folks don't have. I can use special logos and buy stuff from MS that have my certification on it. Does that make it worth it? Not really. But at least I can say I did something with my time while I was unemployed.

It did give me a good base understanding of .NET and SQL Server. But I don't consider myself an expert at programming in .NET. I know the theory behind .NET and what its potentional is.

If I was in a hiring position, would having a certification mean more to me? Yes. But only if they have some work experience to back up the certification.