.NET Programmer Thoughts

Friday, October 22, 2004

Studying for another exam....

Well I've been studying for another exam. Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment (70-290). I need a server exam to get my MCDBA.

I'm sure you're wondering why I'm getting this certification now when I will just have to upgrade it next year. To be honest, I'm bored.

I'm still doing nothing at McDermott. We have now been turned into a help desk. We wait for an email or a phone to ring. I did spend two days for two weeks in New Orleans determining how the Technical Services folks were doing on implementing the Sarbanes-Oxley objectives. But I'm back at the desk now.

I've purchased Exam Cram 2 Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment to help me study. The content is excellent and to the point. I was very disappointed in the PrepLogic practice exam CD though. Apparently I have to go online and purchase the full version of the practice test.

Hopefully I will be able to take the next next week. I was hoping to install a Windows 2003 server on my desktop at home this weekend but it's looking like I won't have time for that.