.NET Programmer Thoughts

Friday, November 05, 2004

InfoPath

Since I'm so bored at work I decided to watch a webcast on InfoPath to see what it was all about. It looked pretty simple so I stopped the webcast and followed a link to do some labs. It is very simple. I can see this being a replacement for end users who like to use Access to develop forms with.

I got stuck on Lab 8 though. It has nothing to do with InfoPath though. They want you to create a web server. I followed the directions to step 14. I have NTFS but I had no Security tab so I skipped down to step 27. I updated the web.config file. I'm running Windows XP SP2. I used my machine name\user name. When I try to bring up the screen in step 31, it asks for my user name and password. I put it in and then it says I don't have access to the form. I've tried everything I can think of and can't get it to work. Does anyone have any ideas?

I ran into this same problem when I tried to run Infragistics Tracker program. I'm sure I'm not doing something right. I just don't know what!